How Do Judges Determine Custody?
Are you dealing with a child custody matter and want to know how a judge determines custody? Check out this video by Buffalo Child Custody Attorney Donna L. Haslinger to learn more. If you have questions about your specific child custody issue, please contact us to schedule a consultation. We welcome the opportunity to serve you and your family.
- Custody decisions are based on many factors, especially the best interest of the children.
- Discuss your specific custody situation with your attorney and learn what the courts will and will not consider in deciding where your children will live.
- One of the court’s most important considerations when trying to determine custody is whether or not the parent seeking custody can successfully facilitate a relationship between the children and the other parent.
- Willful interference with that essential relationship will reflect poorly with the court and may cause custody to be granted to the other parent.
- Custody is a very complex area, so review your history with your attorney and choose the best course to move forward.
Out of Town Resources
This New Jersey Child Custody Attorney has done a great job creating educational content. If you need help with a child custody claim in Jersey City, we recommend you take a look at their website.