Lawyers in Buffalo NY / When Can You Resume the Use of Your Maiden Name?

When Can You Resume the Use of Your Maiden Name?

Download Our Free Family Law Guide
Are you going through a divorce and wish to resume the use of your maiden name?  Buffalo Divorce Attorney Donna L. Haslinger explains how in the following educational video. If you’re considering divorce and have questions about the process, contact our experienced divorce lawyers for dedicated representation. Let our experience work for you. 
  • If you choose to use your maiden name, or a prior surname, after your divorce, you will have that option.
  • Your divorce document will probably give you the right to resume use of a prior surname, and your identifying documents can be changed if you present your divorce document to Social Security and the DMV.
  • The name change process is very easy and costs no money.
Download Our Free Family Law Guide

    Contact Us

    Understanding Common Law Marriage in New York

    In the intricate landscape of family law, common law marriage often remains a topic shrouded [...]

    The Family Court System in Lancaster, NY: How It Differs from Supreme Court

    Navigating the legal landscape can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to matters [...]

    Buffalo Family Law Tips

    Are you dealing with a family law issue and need legal assistance? Read these Buffalo [...]