Learn what you need to know about spousal maintenance in Buffalo in this educational video. Then, call our divorce lawyers to get started.
Spousal maintenance is a factor that will come into every divorce. Watch this educational video by Buffalo Divorce Lawyer Donna L. Haslinger to learn what you need to know about spousal maintenance. If you have questions about divorce or family law matters, contact us today to schedule an appointment with a skilled Buffalo divorce attorney.
- As you go through the divorce process, you will hear the term “maintenance,” or “spousal maintenance,” which refers to support for a spouse.
- The court will consider a number of items in determining whether you are entitled to spousal maintenance.
- Since January of 2016, New York State has followed a statutory guideline for deciding on spousal maintenance which contains certain recommendations that guide the courts in determining maintenance.
- The courts consider disparity in income, length of the marriage, and other considerations such as your health, your age, your time in the workforce, the ages of your children, and any assets you might have.
- Maintenance is never automatic, but it is usually a consideration, so you should discuss it with an attorney.
Are you going through the divorce process and have questions about spousal maintenance in Buffalo?
If you have questions about spousal maintenance and the divorce process, please contact our Buffalo Divorce Lawyers to schedule a consultation.
We welcome the opportunity to serve you.
Like us on Facebook