Filing a Workers’ Comp Claim
Workplace injuries and illnesses are incredibly stressful, to say the least. Apart from the damage to your health and well-being, workplace injuries are in themselves tricky circumstances. We constantly encourage workers to consult with dedicated workers compensation lawyers in the event that they are injured or develop an illness at the workplace. This is because of the simple fact that it takes an experienced and knowledgeable expert to be able to maneuver the system effectively to receive what you deserve. If you have been injured on the job in New York State, you will need information about filing a workers’ comp claim. Here is what you should know.
Filing a Workers’ Comp Claim | First Steps
There are a few things you need to do in the event that you sustain an injury or develop an illness at your place of employment. It is crucial that you follow these steps in this order.
- The first thing you must do is to get emergency medical attention, if and as necessary.
- Secondly – and only proceed to this step once you are medically fit to do so – you must report the injury or illness. This report must be in writing, and it must be submitted to the appropriate department or employer representative. Typically, these take the form of incident reports in several industries.
- Finally, you need to fill out the necessary paperwork and submit it to the Workers Compensation Board for review.
Filing a Workers’ Comp Claim | Recoverable Compensation
You may obtain your rightful benefits for all types of injuries, including, but not limited to:
- Neck and severely back injuries
- Knee, shoulder and joint injuries
- Eye and ear injuries
- Head injuries
- Burn injuries
- Repetitive injuries (carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Occupational illnesses and diseases caused by exposure to toxic chemicals and other hazardous substances
For expert legal advice and assistance in filing a workers’ comp claim, please contact our office today to consult with our experienced Buffalo workers compensation lawyers.