New York Workers’ Compensation Claims
If you are injured on a job site, you may be wondering if you are eligible to receive compensation for the damages you have suffered. Sustaining an injury is never a part of any job description. But workplace injuries do happen. Trying to recover lost wages and medical bills can be very stressful, to say the least. An experienced Buffalo workers’ comp attorney will be your greatest asset in the fight against insurance companies. Here is what you need to know about New York workers’ compensation claims.
New York Workers’ Compensation Claims | First Steps
There are a few things you need to do in the event that you sustain an injury or develop an illness at your place of employment. It is crucial that you follow these steps in this order.
- The first thing you must do is to get emergency medical attention, if and as necessary.
- Secondly – and only proceed to this step once you are medically fit to do so – you must report the injury or illness. This report must be in writing, and it must be submitted to the appropriate department or employer representative. Typically, these take the form of incident reports in several industries.
- Finally, you need to fill out the necessary paperwork and submit it to the Workers Compensation Board for review.
New York Workers’ Compensation Claims | Recovering Damages
You may obtain your rightful benefits for all types of injuries, including, but not limited to:
- Neck and severely back injuries
- Knee, shoulder and joint injuries
- Eye and ear injuries
- Head injuries
- Burn injuries
- Repetitive injuries (carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Occupational illnesses and diseases caused by exposure to toxic chemicals and other hazardous substances
If you or a loved one needs assistance filing New York workers’ compensation claims, please contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Cole, Sorrentino, Hurley, Hewner & Gambino, P.C., today to schedule a legal consultation.