Job Related Injury

Injuries sustained while at work often entitle the injured parties to financial recovery through the workers’ compensation program. If you have suffered a job related injury due to a hazardous condition in your place of work, be sure to watch attorney Jerry A. Gambino’s video below on how to file a workers’ compensation claim.

Download Our Free Workers Compensation Guide

What To Do If You Suffer A Job Related Injury

If you get hurt at work, always report the injury to your employer as quickly as possible. Every workplace is different, but the best approach is to immediately give the employer written notice. That notice satisfies only the notice requirement. It does not satisfy the claim filing requirement which requires that a C-3 form be filed with the workers’ compensation board. Proper filing of your claim is best handled by a workers’ compensation lawyer, who will complete that C-3 form and get it filed. If you are hurt at work, seek medical treatment. Tell the doctor that you were injured at work. The doctor will file a report with the insurance carrier and the workers’ compensation board, which gets the case up and running.

If you or a loved one has suffered a job related injury and have questions about what to do next, contact our dedicated Buffalo Workers’ Compensation Lawyers for guidance. Download Our Free Workers Compensation Guide

The law firm of Cole, Sorrentino, Hurley, Hewner & Gambino has been providing sound legal advice and representation in a variety of legal areas for more than 45 years. Only a handful of lawyers in Buffalo NY practice regularly at the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board. Jerry A. Gambino has done so for over 30 years. Let his experience work for you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *