Are You Thinking About Divorce?
Divorce is one of the most complicated, emotional ordeals you might go through. If you’re considering separation or divorce, you may not know where to start. From resolving property disputes to worrying about child support and custody, the process can quickly become overwhelming.
When you meet with Cole, Sorrentino, Hurley, Hewner & Gambino, P.C., we’ll communicate each step to you in order to help you meet state laws and achieve the best possible results. To get started, here are the main elements of the divorce process:
- Divorce Petition: begin the process of divorce by serving the correct paperwork to your spouse.
- Temporary Custody: in the meantime, sort out who will support your children, who will pay the bills, etc.
- Response Filed: your spouse will respond by confirming or disputing the grounds of divorce.
- Negotiation/Settlement: whether in court or through negotiation outside of court, you and your spouse will need to sort out issues concerning children, property and debts.
- Trial/Mediation: following a trial, a judge will approve the order of dissolution to confirm your divorce. Other less expensive options may include mediation outside of court.
Are you thinking about divorce? Worrying about filling out the correct paperwork, following the right steps and showing up for all court dates may become too burdensome when more important issues are at hand. Parents, especially, worry about issues such as child custody, child support and visitation. Choose a divorce lawyer who keeps your best interests in mind.
We’ll Fight For You
Allow Cole, Sorrentino, Hurley, Hewner & Gambino, P.C. to guide you through the divorce process so that you understand your options and find the best possible solution. Each client is different, so we will take an approach that is tailored to your situation. We serve Buffalo, NY; Cheektowaga, NY; Niagara Falls NY; and the surrounding areas.
Whether you’re worried about property division or child support, you can trust our flexible, attentive law firm to represent you in court. We offer Spanish language interpretation when necessary. Call us today to schedule a divorce or separation consultation, or visit this page for more information about our separation and divorce options.