What Should I Do If I Am Hurt at Work?

When someone gets hurt at work, it’s always important to report the injury to your employer as quickly as possible. Although every workplace is different, the best approach is to give the employer written notice as soon as possible. However, that notice satisfies only what we call the notice requirement. It does not satisfy the claim filing requirement. To properly file a workers compensation claim, you must file a C-3 form with the workers compensation board.

Download Our Free Workers Compensation Guide

To ensure proper filing of your claim, I would recommend that you call a workers compensation lawyer, have them properly complete that C-3 form for you, and get it filed. Also, if you’ve been hurt at work, seek medical treatment – and make sure to tell the doctor that you were injured at work. The doctor should then file a report with both the workers compensation insurance carrier and the workers compensation board. That gets the case up and running.

If you were hurt at work and have questions about your legal rights, contact us today to schedule a consultation. Only a handful of lawyers in Western New York practice regularly at the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board. Jerry A. Gambino has done so for over 30 years. Let his experience work for you.

Download Our Free Workers Compensation Guide

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *