What to do When You Have a Work-Related Injury

Were you seriously injured at work and unsure what you need to do? Check out this video by Buffalo Worker’s Comp Attorney Jerry A. Gambino, as he explains what to do when you have a work-related injury. If you’ve been injured at work, contact us today for a consultation. Let our experience work for you. 

Download Our Free Workers’ Comp Guide

  • If you get hurt at work, always report the injury to your employer as quickly as possible.
  • Every workplace is different, but the best approach is to immediately give the employer written notice.
  • That notice satisfies only the notice requirement. It does not satisfy the claim filing requirement which requires that a C-3 form be filed with the workers compensation board. Proper filing of your claim is best handled by a workers compensation lawyer, who will complete that C-3 form and get it filed.
  • If you’re hurt at work, seek medical treatment. Tell the doctor you were injured at work. The doctor will file a report with the insurance carrier and the workers compensation board, which gets the case up and running.

Download Our Free Workers’ Comp Guide

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *